Feb 11, 2014

Oreo Cookie Cheesecake

The DH's birthday was fast approaching and I had not asked him what kind of cake he wanted. He must have been thinking I had forgotten or that he wasn't getting any. However, when you have two toddlers who are obsessed with blowing out candles, there is no choice on if there is a cake or not.  In my case, I rather make one than buy one.

When he was asked, his typical answer came out.... CHEESECAKE PLEASE!!!

Last time I made a cheesecake, it cracked right down the center and even though I wasn't too unhappy about it, I wasn't looking forward to doing it again just yet.

Anyhoo, I searched the cloud and found a Cheesecake Factory copycat recipe. There were lots of negative reviews but I went with it anyway. This time around I made sure I did a water bath and decrease the oven to slow down the cooking process.

A friend that has wanted to bake with me for a while was visiting and it was perfect time to put her to work.




 



 


Even though this cracked a bit, the cookie on top covers it pretty well.



 




Hubster enjoying his cake..











No comments:

Post a Comment