Feb 16, 2014

Beginner's Bread

I am so excited about this bread. It's the easiest recipe and just as easy to make. I haven't been able to get a yeast bread to come out so good in a long time.  I decided to go back to the basic white bread and bam, success!

I haven't had white bread in a very long time, as I was insisting on trying wheat which wasn't working. Maybe it's because I didn't have a mixer, maybe it's the temperature, maybe it's me rushing the process, maybe, maybe, maybe.

By now you know I used a mixer and let the dough hook do the work. If I have it, I might as well use it right?  I couldn't take pictures of the process because the kiddies were in a "mood" and were very clingy. I usually bake at night after they've gone to bed, but that causes my pictures to have shadows. Plus I needed the bread for dinner. I made tomato soup (my DS's favorite).


This is after the first rise, I fell asleep and it ended up sitting for two hours vs. one. Maybe that was my saving grace.

After second rise, which was about 35mins.


 
The sides are nice and crunchy. Not sure what caused the slight crack there, but it didn't matter. Then it was onto the taste test.
 
 
The inside is super moist and it tasted buttery even though there is only one teaspoon of vegetable shortening.  DH enjoyed it with a bowl of soup. I'll definitely make this again.





1 comment: