Jan 23, 2011

Baker's Pantry

I found this really cool blog on 13 things a baker MUST absolutely have in their pantry. As I was reading down the list, I was super excited that at this very moment, I have 10 of those items. I ran out of brown sugar and butter on Wednesday night when I baked banana muffins (I don't have pictures because I was super tired and being lazy).  Here is the list, original list posted by theperfectpantry.com.

  1. All-purpose flour
  2. Whole wheat or white whole wheat flour
  3. Granulated white sugar
  4. Brown sugar
  5. Yeast
  6. Table salt
  7. Baking powder
  8. Baking soda
  9. Vanilla extract
  10. Eggs
  11. Unsalted butter
  12. Frozen puff pastry
  13. Chocolate (chips or bars)
Which ones I don't have you ask? Butter of all things, I have salted but not unsalted. Brown sugar; I should have stock up on this during the holidays when they were on sale. I substitute white sugar with brown sugar on all of the recipes I use. I also don't have the puff pastry. I do have pie crust but don't know if I'll use it since a co-worker showed me how to make my own crust with just three items.

Next post I'll talk about the one item that every baker should have, but I seem to be missing.

1 comment:

  1. oohh!! I have 10 items too. but I'm missing yeast, table salt and the wheat flour. Yeast of all things can you believe it. I just ran out of table salt. Just kept forgetting to buy it while out shopping.

    ReplyDelete