Feb 3, 2011

Chocolate Oreo Cake

Since today is my husband's birthday, I asked him what kind of cake he wanted me to bake for him.  His request was chocolate Oreo with full kid excitement.  I should have known that it will be something with chocolate.

I went to the "cloud" because other than Betty Crocker, I have never baked chocolate cake.  I found what I thought was a good recipe at http://meemoskitchen.blogspot.com/2008/07/tgi-friday-oreo-chocolate-cake.html.  Mine definitely doesn't look like hers, but the taste is rich and delicious (according to the birthday boy).

Recipe is on meemo's blog, but I altered it a bit (lack of ingredient). I used cool whip with the filling instead of whipping cream. I also cut the sugar for the filling from 1/2 cup to 1/3 cup.  My fear of sugar kicked in big time LOL.








Rating:
Ease of instructions - 8
Ease of baking - 10

Outcome - 7
Taste - 8

I need to get better at taking pictures.

2 comments:

  1. The inside looks moist.. Though I am an expert at taste.

    Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cake looks good! Well done! Did you get a rolling pin yet?

    ReplyDelete