Apr 19, 2011

Strawberry Scones

Tonight I decided to use some of the many strawberries we purchased on sale.  I wanted scones for breakfast, so adding strawberries was only natural.

I love the simplicity of this recipe and how quick it was for me to make, however, I hated the wetness of it.  I'm not sure if I over mixed it or not but it looks really good.  It only called for three tablespoon of sugar, I thought that was good because it will offset the sugar from the strawberries.  What I forgot was, the strawberries are not that sweet. SO the scones have a bit of a tart taste to them.

Hubby and his ever funny comments, walked into the kitchen and said "my those are some big scones, I'm sure the green giant will be happy if he was here. Oh Oh Oh, she hooked me up!" LOL! Got to love him.


They do look big huh?


What I didn't tell him was that I had already cut them, but was still baking in a circle.


SOOOO good!

1 comment:

  1. You're strawberry scones look yummy! I love to bake, too. I have a scone recipe from many years ago that an acquaintance in South Africa shared with me. Over the years I've modified it a bit to suit my taste. (One modification is I add lemon zest to add just a bit of tartness. It's a perfect compliment to the sweet jams used when eating them.) I've also made bread for many years. Let's talk baking after church one Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete